Tuesday, March 22, 2011

i love college radio

I intend to wow my readers with a comparison between GSU's station, Album 88, and the college station in my hometown, 91.7 KVRX, in the future. Unfortunately, this whole law school thing requires a lot of time to do, ya know. Practicing my oral for this weekend. As in oratory. My other skills are still quite amazing, I'll have you know.

In the meantime, I'd like to point out that I love the variety of programs 88.5 carries. Tonight was 8bit88. I tuned in around midnight. The entire show is devoted to playing the music from video games. Even better, somebody else in this crazy city loves the the Moon theme from Duck Tales on the NES enough to actually request it.





2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the Moon song from Ducktales. One of my favorite classic NES tunes, honestly. There's a band called The Advantage (or used to be, I dunno if they are still around) that pretty much only does covers of old video game songs and they do one of the Moon tune. Badass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love me some Ducktales, too. Modern games are great, what with all the blood and killing hookers, but nothing beats golf putting crap with your cane when your a 16bit multi-quadrillionaire.

    ReplyDelete