Monday, May 2, 2011

miss geo

If you're a regular reader of this blog, you know I love music and I love to promote interesting new artists. Here's Miss Geo, née Abby Gutierrez, of Rhode Island. She's got all the usual indie chops in order: DIY release of her first album, an ear worm of a single, and blog buzz.

I've seen comparisons to Smashing Pumpkins and Teagan & Sara. I think she just writes great pop with extremely clever hooks. Broken Wrists is just good, clean pop song. The Story exudes that 60s AM radio sound that's so fashionably hip these days (Dirty Beaches, Best Coast, Tennis).

You know I never promote a band without giving you a little taste for free.
www.ourstage.com


You can check out her band page on Facebook, which includes a few more tracks to stream, and tumblr. She's currently in studio working on a follow-up record. Color me excited.

You can download The Story from Amazon, or, if you're like me, purchase the physical CD for your collection.

Update 17 May 2011: Received the promo wristband in the mail. <3<3<3 and thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment